
I thank the member for Kingsford Smith for his concern and acknowledge the reality that, yes, in the air travel sector lots of staff members have actually been stood down and this is very, really unfortunate. I …
I am extremely sorry to hear Darren’s story. I’m sure he’s been a great employee and certainly we wish to see him back making sure that he gets another job when the air travel sector go back to where some sort of level of pre-Covid.
And we know that many industries are getting back to someplace where they need to be as far as pre-Covid levels but as Alan Joyce, the CEO of Qantas, has just said in current times– that even after Christmas the pre-Covid levels for domestic travel will just be 60%, however what we have actually done– what we have actually done– with aviation is offer sector-wide support– $2.7 bn of sector-wide help through the domestic air travel network assistance, through the local airline network support, to ensure that we have planes in the air because as I said lot of times, airplanes in the air indicates jobs on the ground.
And we require to see more airplanes in the air. We need to see more jobs in the aviation sector and I do wonder whether the member for Kingsford Smith, I value that he’s definitely originating from an electorate extremely near mascot, I value the truth that he has engaged with these employees as have I, and we want to see more people working in the air travel sector. It’s been very hard.
The border closures and valuing the truth that Western Australia is only looking to resume domestic travel with other states and raising those border constraints. Only had made the announcement this week, it’s been really, extremely difficult with border closures in lots of Australian States.
Valuing the truth, too, that international travel is, of course, very, really restricted. It is so tough in worldwide inbound tourist, in worldwide inbound people coming home, stranded Aussies, it’s so difficult as well locally.
We have actually provided that support to the whole aviation sector, to the whole opportunity sector– $2.7 bn worth of support through jobkeeper, we should continue to support the aviation sector. As I state it’s extremely tough particularly for people like Darren and we will continue to provide the assistance as is necessary.
Read More
http://cnacertificationprogram.net/australian-politics-live-economy-grows-3-3in-september-quarter-nsw-covid-limitations-lifted/
Comments
Post a Comment